Saturday, February 20, 2010

This past weekend I FINALLY went and got digital copies made of my sirens!!! It's about time, eh? Boy that was expensive. The thing is, I've been nit-picking and changing parts of both girls for the past two years or so, and it wasn't until just last week that I was actually satisfied. The hours put into them, if I were to condense the time, would probably be about 3 months from start to finish on each. Alas, there are times I just can't bear the thought of even picking up a brush.

I need to Photoshop off my blue tape marks [that held the Canson paper to the board, 'cause I'm lame and don't have a real artist's easel w/ a clip.] and few stray hairs/lint I noticed, but that shouldn't take too long and then they'll be ready for print. Now I can finally get my originals framed and under protective glass! Hooray!!! Having them vulnerably propped in my dining room this whole time has made me super jumpy anytime someone gets near them.

The next immediate goal on the list is to set up an online shop somewhere. Anywhere. Purely for the exposure. Does anyone have any suggestions? So far I've looked into the following selling sites:
Ebay, Amazon, Boscov's, Etsy, AllPosters, and Art.com[s] so if you've used any of these, let me know how you liked it/didn't like it. Likewise, if you've got a great site you'd like to rave about, by all means.. TELL ME ABOUT IT! My brain is a sponge and I'm trying to soak up as much advice as I can. I'll even throw in a favor if you need persuading... I don't know, cookies or something. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment